What are the teaching requirements?
- Eligible to legally work in the U.S. or Canada
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Digital literacy and the ability to lead an engaging learning atmosphere
- Prior teaching experience or equivalent in education, tutoring, mentoring, homeschooling preferred
- Traditional teaching licenses or online certificates (TESOL, TEFL,CELTA, ESL) required
- Technical requirements: a computer with stable internet connection and clear audio/video capacity
- The minimum time commitment is 6 hours weekly
If you need to obtain a TESOL to qualify for this position, don’t fret! I’ve got you covered. I got my TESOL from International Open Academy. It was easy to complete and I got it done in less than a day. I am happy to report that they have given me a link for me to share with my readers for an offer to get your TESOL for only $19! How cool is that!
When Teaching Online What Hardware Do I need?
- A computer with a webcam
- A headset with microphone
- Stable Internet connection (cable connection preferred)
A Computer With a Webcam
I currently use this Dell laptop with Windows 10 to teach online and it runs the Qkids software beautifully. While it does come with an internal webcam I do use this Logitech external webcam because the video quality is much better and I can adjust the camera angle as much as I desire.
A Headset with Microphone
Lights and Stable Internet Connection
I highly recommend placing a light in front of you for teaching. I use a desk lamp and this selfie ring light with a phone holder stand that I use to mount my webcam. I like the versatility of the goose neck and how it simply clips to my desk.
The stability of your internet is crucial to teaching online. Using an Ethernet cable connection is highly recommended. I recently moved my teaching space so I got this 50 foot Ethernet cable from Amazon and it works fine for me. I know some teachers do fine with WiFi, but I have found that the Ethernet cable has the most reliable stability.
What is the technical requirement for teaching online with Qkids?
Minimum upload speed: 2Mbps. Minimum download speed: 4Mbps.
Here is the minimum standard of computer we recommend: (capable of below info or higher than these)
cpu: dual core 2.0GHz or above
cpu model: i5/i7 series (for laptops)
memory: 2Gb or above graphic memory: 512Mb or above
System: win7/8/8.1/10 or MacOSX
Chromebook & Linux: Due to recent technical changes, we currently do not accept Chromebook or Linux operating systems at this time.
Currently, we only support Windows 7 (or above) and MacOS 10.9 (or above) systems.